About forbidden plateau mountain resort
A well maintained beautiful place to visit all year round with great activities for everyone from hiking, mountain biking, snow shoeing, snowboarding, skiing, camping and many other outdoor activities.
WHAT WE ARE
A small 8 space campground located on the site of the original 1930s Forbidden Plateau Ski Resort just 1Km down the mountain from the 1950s lodge on Wood Mountain. With the only campground, General store (coming soon) with access to various hiking, mountain biking and snow shoeing the site has so many options for people who enjoy and love the outdoors. The site is only 20KMs from Courtenay, British Columbia and with such rich history, beautiful scenery, the multiple legends of Forbidden Plateau and memories of the Forbidden Plateau Ski Resort the resort is for the young and old alike.
14 KMs up Forbidden Plateau Road you will find the all new Forbidden Plateau Mountain Resort. Located at the original site of the 1930s lodge you will find 5 beautiful acres for RV, camping and recreation.
- Scenic views of the Comox Valley, the ocean, Powel River and more.
- 1km below Strathcona Provincial park and the Forbidden Plateau Ski Resort on Wood Mountain Park.
- 8 RV and Campsites for a nice, relaxing spot surrounded by the natural beauty of Wood Mountain.
Each campsite is approximately 2500 Square feet to give lots of space and privacy to each location.
- 15 additional parking spaces for ample parking for guests and friends.
- Parking for RV + 2 vehicles per spot.
- Green spaces for visitors to enjoy with their families, pets and friends.
Hours of Operation
Camping and RV spots will be open August - September long weekend for 2018. RV spots will be open year-round with a maximum stay of 6 months in 2019. Store hours will be dependent on demand with initial hours being Saturday and Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm. (coming soon)
Products and Services
- RV, Tent and camp sites. Open May long weekend to September long weekend
- General Store (coming soon)
- Laundry and showers (coming soon)
- Recycle and Garbage
- Recreational facilities – Volleyball net, basketball court, snowboard and ski jib and jump park, snowshoe trail, dirtbike and Quad Trail, sled and tubing runs also with access to hiking and biking trails.
With research from over 50 campgrounds on Vancouver Island we found a medium price of $36+Tax a night is a very competitive rate.
Our overall goal is to keep the natural beauty and enhance it by maintaining and keeping it clean. We want to keep the history of this place alive and tell the stories and legends to everyone who visits. We are so amazed at the history of this location and have fallen in love with the opportunity to share it with all the visitors.